Monday, January 05, 2004

 

Those magnificent men ...

I was down at the landing strip yesterday (37° 41’S 142° 52’E for the aficionados amongst us) watching a Piper Warrior arrive and leave yesterday. It brought back delightful memories of the Biggles books and my own days learning to fly. I know it's a bit adventurous of me, but I think I will challenge Daphne, Paris and Farouk to a flying competition. Not the real thing, of course! Daphne wouldn't go near a light aircraft, and no-one should let Paris near one!

No. I thought we could have a paper aeroplane competition. I've done a bit of research and discovered that the construction of such planes is a highly refined craft. Believe it or not, the Costa Ricans seem to have got it down pat. "My" design has to win (but I'm not telling the others what I've got up my sleeve). I reckon they'll all be in it.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?